Tuesday, August 13, 2024

All The Bread Boxes I Ever Had And One Wooden One Sold


I don't store my bread in bread boxes. Stays fresher in fridge and keeps longer! Yet I had a number of them in my life. For crackers or cookies or so. But they left my house after not having place for them any more. Here's the list:

I once started out with a bread box like this one (think 1984 or so). But in ochre yellow. Equally chipped. It came from my gandmother's place, dating from before 1950 for sure. I think after she moved from her kind of primitive old little house to a comfy flat closer to my parent's place.

It wasn't very practical. Unbelievable people sell this on Etsy at this price. I found one on a Dutch site cheaper and without any damage. 

I trashed it (but this is way before internet time and the possibilities of selling stuff on line) after I found one like this on the curbs. My mum had it in off white I think.

But mine's plastic strips were in white. What I remember is they never wanted to stay in place. I also retrashed it. Model same as my mums's and the white and red I had later on.

I think because around 1992 we bought a micrwave oven. Our first ever and had to be placed on top of the fridge. Where bread box was. So it went out.

End of 2005 Man and I got the luxury of getting two next door apartments. Fridge stayed my place. Neighbour moving to a home gave him one. Microwave went to him. Then at some time later I found a wooden bread box to put on top of my fridge.

Then my friend Freek from down the street brought me a microwave oven taken from his mother's place (also moving to a home). Worked but with a hick up, timer didn't automatically stop. But better then no microwave at all. So this breadbox had to go as well. This time listed on internet and sold €3 after seven months.

Last one: picked up from trash to sell only in colours I loved best of all, white and read. See previous post here.

No comments:

Elfstedentocht Poster - The Eleven Cities Tour

If you're not Dutch you may have never heard about the  Elfstedentocht . You may have if you're an ice skating fan. If I made you cu...