Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Very Big Baskets

We arrived July 2018.


Wicker baskets both plus minus 80 cm in width. Found in bulk trash in front of my door at the same time or shortly after each other. Photographed to sell but never bothered to list. I was too consumed in working two part time jobs although together just up to 25 hours a week. It was such a change after three years of unemployment. And I had government aid to add to my income. I left them to go slowly to decay in the yard. Feeling a bit guilty about that, because both in good condition except for minor wear at the bottom.

But they served as cat sleeping ot sunbathing places untill last year. For my own darlings but especially this half wandering boy from most likely an industrial estate nearby. As he was not "fixed" and hanging out in my yard a lot I took care of that with the help of a stray cat organisation. He turned out to be be chipped but not registrated, but yet most likely owned, so we placed him back. Later on he disappeared. Things are changing at the estate. It’s going to be converted into a living area and companies are moving out. I hope they took him home or to the new venue and he’s happy.

No comments:

Elfstedentocht Poster - The Eleven Cities Tour

If you're not Dutch you may have never heard about the  Elfstedentocht . You may have if you're an ice skating fan. If I made you cu...