Sunday, September 08, 2024

Brabantia Beschuitbus


You need to be Dutch or to live in Holland to know what beschuit is. To store the traditional round dry bread slices we also have special metal boxes. You can find them as old as from like early 1900, but you can still buy them new. Vintage ones in good condition are ever so wanted. This one is from the Seventies and modern for its time, because it already had the lift to pull up the slices. Like in coffee pad boxes from these days.

I remember a student picking it up at my door as a present for his girlfriend, who as he told me loved and collected anything Seventies and especially in orange. Found March 2017, sold April €2,50. Not much but I was happy at the time.

No comments:

Elfstedentocht Poster - The Eleven Cities Tour

If you're not Dutch you may have never heard about the  Elfstedentocht . You may have if you're an ice skating fan. If I made you cu...