Sunday, August 09, 2026

Guess Vest and AI

This was in front of my door I don't remember when, just thrown over the top of the underground dumpster. A really nice piece in mint condition,  but then in my closet for years. And how it became to look like this:


Now this is what totally free AI can do to a photo of a creased garment. I just found out yesterday when they said on the news people on Vinted do this all the time.

I wish I had known at the time. But doubt if I would have really used it and then sold the vest. What do you think? I would have been scared to ship it without an honest picture.

The one thing that is wrong to begin with is that this colour is just not in fashion now.

But it was 2024 and I was slowly getting back into selling on Ebay, forced myself to do any listing, but didn't put time and effort in it. If I could redo it I'd take out my model, dress it in a thick sweater and pull the vest over it, so the viewer would have a realistic idea of how it looks on someone with size M.

Alas too late. I dumped it in the kilo bag after 32 weeks. It's fine. We count Guess stores, expensive enough for me, but not that special for the real fashionistas or people with a really big wallet.

No comments:

Guess Vest and AI

This was in front of my door I don't remember when, just thrown over the top of the underground dumpster. A really nice piece in mint co...