Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cow Parade

One of the advantages of mass production – I have to admit – is the standardization of sizes and interchangeability of parts.

Here’s a printed picture I picked up a couple of days ago. I don’t think it ever was framed because it’s stuck on a thick board that has a hang-up eye of its own at the back of it. And therefore the edges and corners are a bit worn so it will still sell at the flea market, but not for a lot.

So I dug up this old frame that I’ve had for years but seemed useless because the glass is missing. I removed its original board and the passe-partout and…

miraculously my picture exactly fits in and now I can ask a decent price for it!

By the way if you’re interested, Cow Parade sells painted statues of cows to raise money for a good cause. Some of them are really cute.

1 comment:

tess said...

good match,
your frame came in handy