Saturday, May 13, 2017

More From 2016 Part II - GN Container

I quickly continue my list of old sales, because I hope to be finished when market season starts again which will be in two weeks. Be prepared for another mix of more and less interesting objects, but be amazed at what people throw out and found new good use on line.

A thing from a food serving unit. It took some work to find them on line and how the pros describe them but it turned out to be a GN container. Once I new that I found a market sales man who just needed it. Perfect!

A vintage 1970’s camping cooler. Don’t you love the colours? LOL. But I recently sold a newer one and it wasn’t the same strong quality. I just hope the young man who took it takes well care of it.

A set of Arcopal bowls, but not vintage. Well they may be old, but the model is still available allbeit wholesale only. To the same family who bought the 1970's bowls in 2015. I suppose they own a small restaurant.

A handbag by DKNY. Lots of hassle with teenage bidders on this one. You just don’t want to deal with kids who change their mind all the time. In the end I simply sold it to a lady who probably cared more for the model than the logo. At least I know she wasn’t a kid because she sent her plus minus 16 year old son to pick it up.

A plastic trash can, medium size. To a nurse, I don’t know if it was for work or home. She threw more coins in my hand than I had asked for and rushed off. I only noticed when I was back inside.

A 6 liter soup pan from a popular shop. The Man used it once but didn’t like it. They are indeed inexpensive, light weight and they don’t last. But apparently Dutch housewives love them. They use them up and buy again. It was gone within ten days. Well don’t I know pots and pans fly out? Regardless of quality.

A wire cat/pet carrier. This is a very old model they don't make anymore. I borrowed one once and my cats freaked out in it.

It's somewhat handy though because of the wide door and pull-out bottom. Perhaps it was bought for another small animal, but I've got no idea. I shipped it and buyer communication was strictly business.


A large, silly but still cute piggy bank. The bottom cork was missing but I managed to fix it with some kind of foamy stuff I found a few days after I took piggy home. To a student who looked a bit too old for it, perhaps for donations at a party or event or something.

And another plastic trash can. Why not, I thought after the first success. To a French girl.

IKEA Gyllen wall lamp. Out of sale in the shop, I saw an enourmous offer of replacement glass fronts on Ebay, the base is harder to find. Needless to say it sold quickly. The shipping was a bit of a challenge but it arrived safely.

A mop bucket. I gave selling this a try because it has some sort of sophisticated wringer and I succeeded. And I'm always happy to rescue plastic anyway.

I'm going to round it up now:


I passed a spot that I only do when I'm kind of eager to find new stuff. I saw a large Ikea blue bag with books, mainly English titles and a large box with board games. I had to make a choice, only one could come with me. I decided on the books because foreign titles mean less competition and I had no experience with selling games. After dragging the load home I was too tired to go back. However I tried my luck the next day and the box was still there!

The Monopoly sold within 24 hours for a great price. Again, students. I was happy to conclude that the university or college kids apparently still enjoy board game parties.

The offer of Monopolies on the local classifieds was pretty large, but a lot of them were adapted modern kids' versions, so I profited of having the classic and of course being in a university town. 


Underneath was the MAD game, in equally great condition. It took a bit longer but was finally sold for the same purpose as the Monopoly I think.

The third game was a Master Mind, but its box was torn and I dropped that off at free pick-up centre.

No comments: