Monday, May 15, 2017

More From 2016 Part III - Puhlmann Camping Table

I´m going to ask your attention for another dozen or so curb found objects. Please bear with me, but I´ve got some fun things to look at today.

African woodwork. The lady said she fell for the nasty teeth of the mask.

But this other one from the same haul remained in stock for a long time. Both were brought in by my co-picker.

As well as this rope basket with the label still on it. My cats had no time to wreck it, as they did with another one in the same material that I found later on. It´s theirs now.

And more from my friend. I hated having this huge wall decoration in my room. It sat forever and blocked my cupboard door. Then months after I finally sold it I saw the exact same thing in the trash around the corner. Not from my buyer, she lived more far. But it just makes you think about mass production of cheap things that go out of fashion so quickly.

I keep collecting wicker. I swapped this one for five half liters of beer. I would have taken the money, but the guy wanted to do something ludic. Saved me dragging the load home for the weekend.


A cute lamp with a broken socket. I thought it might go just for the shade, but the guy said he could fix it up.

A set of bicycle handlebars. A not so common wide model. I thought about putting them on my own bike as mine are slightly bent but they were even wider. So I quickly sold them to a cheerful young man who honestly confessed he had had an accident after a few too many drinks.



A vintage designers´ camping table by Puhlmann from Amsterdam. Though it´s very scratched and rusty I found this a very interesting object and once I knew it had a label I decided to list it. It sold after four days.

And some more rust. The plant rack is foldable and just cute. It had to stay only one night in my yard.

I sold the antique garden umbrella foot, once I was sure it was just that and listed it as such. And the time, May, was right for it as well. The lady announced that she would come alone and wasn´t extremely strong. So I managed to shove it in a blue Ikea bag, then together holding one handle each we managed to drag the heavy thing to her car and lift it in. It all lasted just a couple of minutes but for some reason I so enjoyed ´working´ with her. She was nice and it still makes me smile today.

I got a fair bid on the three Delft blue plates. Just showing the Vermeer one here again because I liked that one best.


An antique side table with a drawer that I would have kept if it didn´t need so much work. What you don´t see is that the construction is not in good shape and the edges were damaged as well. Sold to a crafty lady who was probably going to resell after the make over, since she asked if I had more stuff like this.


I had to think a moment, then quickly pulled this single drawer chest out of my storage. You have to see the back side to know it´s hand made and vintage, probably mid century. So far nobody had shown any interest so I was very pleased she took it.

That´s enough for now, more posts soon.

1 comment:

Cheapchick said...

Lots of neat things. You are right about cheaply made mass produced objects. They grow out of fad and then you can't give them away! I love that antique table, wonder what it looked like after she was done.