Monday, January 11, 2010

My Enrico Benetti Bag

Last week I had my face professionally photographed for a short interview I had with a women’s magazine (Vriendin). What about? About this here funny hobby of mine! Where this eclectic way of recycling eventually can lead to…

As both the make-up artist and photographer’s assistant’s mouths fell open when I told them the handbag I was carrying came from the trash as well I thought it might be a nice item to show.

As you may have read before most bags I find are just good for the zippers and other parts that I upcycle. So this fine genuine leather Enrico Benetti in mint condition was a rare and lucky find.

It’s only a bit out of fashion, but actually I’m not a fan of the current style of bags. I find them puffy and overly ornamented with buckles and straps that seem to have no function at all.

The straight and functional design of my find suits me well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm no fashion expert but i think classic and well made items like this never go out of fashion! in fact sometimes they become a more want-able fashion accessory.
Well done!!

Le-Chat said...

Thanks for popping by AJ. I'm no expert either but I do have an eye for quality. But the arty girls' faces confirmed I had made the right choice saving this item.

Allison said...

Wow! What a find! I also dont like the latest craze of really bulky, shiny bags.

North County Film Club said...

What a great find. And you didn't have to do anything to it.
I agree about the new fashionable bags. Big and gaudy!

Le-Chat said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting Allison and Barbara.

If you don't like what's for sale currently you can always have an old favourite one fixed or try the thrift shop. Buying new is never an option for me anyway...

Amila Kanchana said...

you do a good recycling stuff and even a better thing telling the world,that many others will follow.