Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Dick Bruna Miffy Baby Walker

This baby walker showed some wear, as the paper front light stickers were totally off. 

Also on the side, decorative stickers of Miffy and bear damaged and discoloured.

But what little baby cares? Otherwise the product was intact. The puppets were still properly moving up and down as you push the cart and that's the whole fun about it. Found not far from house I think. Photo June 2 2018, sold June 20, €4.

Did you know Miffy, in Dutch 'Nijntje' was invented and designed by the Dutch illustrator and writer Dick Bruna? I grew up with his lovely books and lots af children these days still do. Though Miffy was born 1955, eight years before me, my mom bought me other booklets by Bruna. The one I remember most, and could recite by heart was The Egg. I think I loved it because of the black cat, who was right and in the end of the story walks off with it's tail up in the air.

No comments:

Elfstedentocht Poster - The Eleven Cities Tour

If you're not Dutch you may have never heard about the  Elfstedentocht . You may have if you're an ice skating fan. If I made you cu...