Saturday, May 27, 2017

More From 2016 Part VII - Fish Planks

I hope I packed wisely. I opted for a load of shoes, some clothing and other fairly regular stuff, as last year, on the early markets the Moroccans just bought about anything cheap to bring home to their families. Later on we relied on the Dutch who are more picky and looking for special stuff.  I'm leaving that on line for the moment.

Now I just have to sit and wait so plenty of time to post another dozen of sold curb finds from last year. I'm getting towards the end now.

This antique door window is another one of my favourites. This size they were often in double doors dividing front and back rooms. Those were then removed when people wanted more open space. I sold it for less than what they go for, but it had paint stains and was framed in a peculiar way. Can you see it? It's curtain rails. As I couldn't see the state of the lead underneath I took the first bid that was reasonable. Then the woman almost came running for it and it made me think... Regardless it was a good amount of money for me.

IKEA Trissa boxes are apparently sought after by vinyl collectors. I picked it up with toys in it which attracted my attention first. I sold one plastic truck at a market, donated the rest then found out the box was the most valuable thing of the complete haul.

Another cheap thing someone was prepared to pay shipping for. It keeps amazing me.

Luckily I didn't have to ship this.

Yin yang balls are not hot second hand. I got way less than what I saw others asking and it took eight months. Perhaps they do better with newer looking boxes.

A set of the exact same fold-up chairs I sold two months before.

This is an IKEA PS collection vase. I sold it for my friend. She brought it to a market and I had to sit with the thing between my legs in the car. Told her I wouldn't do that again and to leave it in my house. Got twice what she had asked.

It finally convinced her to bring me more stuff after the end of market season. Now she claims I made a face when she produced these fish shaped planks. Well I thought I'll list the weird things first, and first they went and the money I got stunned both of us. The lady was thrilled and was recently back at my door for a vintage suitcase.

I was sure Oprah would help me sell this book. She did and the bid was way higher than what I normally get for a novel, if at all on line.

The Joska vase from March.

Not all Ikea flies out. Found October 2015, sold November 2016.

Are you getting tired of looking at vases? Here's something more fun. Well the case looks quite nice...

then open it and... I suppose it's for wigs. Not nice enough for displaying my hats and I've got some good enough heads. Sold in about a week.

I'm almost there now. A few more things in the next post and then I'll do a seperate one on baby toys that I skipped so far.

No comments: